The UK Picture Editors' Guild Awards 2012 : terms & conditions of entry
- Closing date for entries is 26th July 2012 for the main awards; 26th September for the Olympics awards
- Entries will be for pictures taken between 17th July 2011 and 16th July 2012 for the main awards; 23rd July and 9th September 2012 for the Olympics awards.
- Entries must be in the form of RGB JPEG and a maximum compressed file size of 3mb
- The competition is open to all professional photographers contributing to publications within the United Kingdom and Ireland (Eire)
- A 10 GBP administration fee is payable to The UK Picture Editors' Guild Awards and entrants can enter as many categories or as many times as they wish.
- To enter the The UK Picture Editors' Guild Awards you must confirm that it is your own original work. Entries submitted via this web site.
- You must have the right to give The UK Picture Editors' Guild Awards permission to use it for the purposes specified below and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your photograph or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16 keeping within the guidelines of the press complaints commission code of practice www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html
- By entering you grant The UK Picture Editors' Guild rights to edit, publish and use each entry to promote the competition. This may include an online gallery, feature in a national / regional newspaper and associated web sites. It may also include magazines or any other media / supplements. It may be used to promote a similar future competition. It may be used for promotion during the competition and for a period of 5 years after the winners have been announced, to promote the competition, free of charge.
- Your picture may be exhibited as part of The UK Picture Editors' Guilds Awards exhibition. Or reproduced in any external promotion related to The UK Picture Editors' Guild Awards.
- Sponsors may use any Awards' image free of charge for non-profit activities which promote the Awards an acknowledgement to be an Awards' sponsor is required This includes promotional calendars, internal publications.
- By entering, all entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The UK Picture Editors' Guild reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Guild reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website
- There is no alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The judge's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Guild will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
- Completion and submission of a registration will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Guild reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a competition is not capable for being conducted as specified. There serves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
The categories are listed on the Awards Categories page of this web site.
Shortlisted entrants will be informed in advance and invited to the awards ceremony.
The winner will be announced at a gala evening presentation November 8th at the Honourable Artillery Company headquarters in the City of London.